Women’s Heart Center
The Women’s Heart Center at the Bakersfield Heart Hospital
The Bakersfield Heart Hospital created the Women’s Heart Center to provide early detection through education, information and preventive screening services to help women understand their risk for heart disease and take steps to improve their heart health. Our program is the first of its kind in Kern County, and one of less than 50 nationwide.
2. Educate women through community programs.
3. Educate physicians who care for females on the latest research and guidelines concerning the cardiovascular care of their patients.
4. Participate in clinical research in women and heart disease.
5. Work with organizations with similar goals to provide high quality programs and resources to our community.
6. Keep primary care and specialty physicians informed of their patients’ results.
7. Help patients find a primary care physician or cardiologist if they do not have one.
8. Provide a support group for women survivors.